5 Healthy Munching Foods
When you are on your weight loss journey unhealthy munching foods are the biggest distraction and they will every time stop you from eating healthy. But between achieving your goal and instead of avoiding that you can switch it up with healthy foods only you have to, substitute the munching food ingredients with healthy ones and make it healthy. You can make any munching food healthy by just tweaking the recipe a little bit with healthy items.
When it comes to munching food everyone goes for unhealthy food but you can switch it up to these 5 Healthy Munching Foods. So, here are 5 Healthy Munching Food Items you can incorporate into your diet to instantly start losing weight:
1. Bran Whole Wheat Muffins:
The recipe uses wheat bran cereal, low-fat milk, whole wheat flour, and brown sugar for the batter. The recipe is easy and you can easily make these at your home in less than an hour. These muffins are not only tasty but also healthy which will maintain your fat and sugar level thus giving you a healthy munching recipe.
Ingredients of Bran Whole Wheat Muffin
1/2 cups wheat bran cereal, 1 cup nonfat milk, 1/2 cup apple sauce, 1 egg, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour ( maida), 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (atta), 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, A few sprinkles of dark chocolate chips or raisins per muffin., For one cup of Apple Sauce, 4 apples – deskinned and cut, Juice of 2 lemons, 1 tsp brown sugar, Pinch of Cinnamon
Recipe of Bran Whole Wheat Muffin
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Grease muffin cups or use paper muffin liners.
3. Make the apple sauce by stewing the apples mixed with juice, refined sugar, and cinnamon. you can store this in an airtight container for up to a week.
4. Mix together wheat bran and milk, and let stand for 10 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, mix applesauce, egg, refined sugar, and vanilla. drill in bran mixture. Sift together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, leaven, and salt. Stir into bran mixture until just blended. Add choco chips.
6. Scoop into muffin cups.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges have browned and the top is set.
2. Oats Idli:
Oats idli is one of the most eaten food items as a low-calorie tasty meal. You can easily make these steamed idlis with some roasted oats, chopped chilies, grated carrots, and fresh coriander. This food item is low on carbs and this is ideal munching food for those who are calorie cautious because of this it is one of the 5 Healthy Munching Foods and this is also a very Wise & Healthy Lunch Swap for you.
Ingredients of Oats Idli
For Oats Powder:
2 cups oats, For Fried Mixture, 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp chana dal, 1 tsp urad dal, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 Green chili, 1 cup carrot, finely chopped, 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped, A pinch of salt
For Idli Batter:
1/2 tsp salt2 cups curd, A pinch of fruit salt
How to Make Oats Idli
For Oats Powder:
1. Take a pan with 2 cups of oats in it and dry roast them for 5 minutes till they turn golden brown
2. Let the oats cool down and grind them into powder. For Fried Mixture:1.In a broad pan heat oil over medium flame.2.Add mustard seeds to it and let them crackle.
3. Now add chana and urad Dal, turmeric powder, and green chilis. Mix well and sauté until light brown.
4. Add the chopped carrots and coriander leaves. Combine all the ingredients thoroughly along with a pinch of salt and cook for a minute or two.
5. Let the mixture cool down for a few minutes before adding to idle batter.
For Idli Batter:
1. Transfer the prepared oats powder to a large bowl.
2. In this add salt and the fried mixture. Combine well.
3. Now add the required quantity of curd and stir thoroughly in one direction adding a pinch of fruit salt to it.
4. Prepare a medium-thick batter and leave it covered for a few minutes.
5. Now you have to grease the idli molds with ghee using a brush.
6. Pour the idli batter into molds and put it in a steamer.
7. Cover with a lid and steam for about 15 minutes over medium flame.
8. After 15 minutes check whether the idlis are properly cooked.
9. The tasty and healthy oats idli is ready to serve with coconut chutney
3. Three Bean Chaat:
When you were a kid, you might have seen this type of chat being sold on buses and railway platforms, but due to hygiene, your parents might have denied buying those for you. Now you can make it at your home easily. All you need is kidney beans, green beans, and chickpeas and all you need to do is drizzle it with a light dressing of olive oil, chaat masala, and lemon juice and this is how a three-bean chat is formed because of this it is one of the 5 Healthy Munching Foods. Due to the presence of beans in this recipe, you can see it is highly a healthy diet for everyone.
Ingredients of Three Bean Chaat
1 cup rajma (cooked), 1 cup chana (cooked), 1 cup chowli beans (cooked), 1 cup green beans (cooked), 1 cup potatoes (cooked), 1/2 cup onions, chopped, 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped, 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped, 1/2 cup pomegranate, For the dressing, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp chaat masala, to taste salt and pepper, 1 tsp coriander, chopped
How to Make Three Bean Chaat
1. Whisk the vegetable oil, juice, chaat masala, salt, pepper, and chopped coriander to create a wonderful dressing.
2. Take all the rajma, chana, and chowli beans and mix them into dressings
3. After dressing add the chopped potatoes, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
4. Mix it well and let it soak the dressing in the fridge for approx. an hour.
5. Serve chilled
4. Mixed Millet Bhel Puri:
If you are looking for something low on fat and surprisingly healthy food then you must try the snack made with the goodness of millets and rag. To add to the taste you can add in some roasted peanuts and for the climax part you can squeeze down a lemon into it. The sweet and sour taste adds to the flavor and makes you crave it more and more. You can easily make more of it anytime you want and eat and enjoy it with your family.
Ingredients of Mixed Millet Bhel Puri
1 Cup mixed millet flakes, 1 cup ragi flakes, 3 cups puffed rice flakes, 1/2 cup peanuts, roasted, 1/2 cup amaranth & brown rice namkeen, 2 tbsp chaat masala, 3 tbsp black sesame, 4 potatoes (diced), boiled, 2 onions, chopped, 2 Tomatoes, 4 tbsp lime juice, 2 tbsp green chilies, 3 tbsp green chutney, Handful of fresh coriander, 3 tbsp moringa leaves powder
How to Make Mixed Millet Bhel Puri
1. Take a bowl and add mixed millets, ragi flakes, and dry cereal flakes. After this add roasted peanuts along with some brown rice and Amarnath namkeen and sprinkle some chat masala and black sesame on it.
2. Add some potatoes, onions, tomatoes green chilies, and lime juice to the mixture. Mix well.
3. And later on add some green chutney and moringa powder and mix well.
4. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it.
5. Fresh Corn Bhel:
If you and your family are a sweet corn fan then you are highly recommended for this munching snack. The recipe includes corn spruced up with tangy chutney, chopped onions and lemon squeezed into it Moreover, it feels delicious when served hot, unlike the other bhels. You can add other things to it like butter and chaat masala to add some flavor to it and you can take it daily as it is highly healthy.
Ingredients of Fresh Corn Bhel
1 1/3 cup American corn kernels, 1/2 cup coriander leaves, 1 teaspoon chaat masala, 2 teaspoons green chutney, 5 papdi, 1 1/2 potato, 2 1/3 cup sev, 1 cucumber, 2 teaspoons sweet tamarind sauce, 1 1/2 tomato, 3 onion, salt as required
How to Make Fresh Corn Bhel
Step 1 You have to boil and peel the potatoes
Take an autoclave pour some water and put it over medium flame, add some potatoes and boil it for 10-12 minutes until they turn soft. pack up the heat and let the potatoes cool. Let the additional water drain and keep the potatoes aside in a bowl.
Step 2 Boil the corn kernels & allow them to cool down
Take another autoclave with water and corn and boil for 10-12 minutes till they turn soft. pack up the heat, drain the excess water and keep the corn kernels in a separate bowl. allow them to cool down.
Step 3 Wash & chop the veggies
You must wash and chop the cucumber, coriander leaves, tomatoes, onions, and boiled potatoes. Keep them aside during a deep bowl.
Step 4 After mixing all the ingredients you can enjoy your bhel
Now take a bowl and crush the papdi in it. Also add sev, green and sweet chutney , chaat masala, and salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients well. Serve your homemade corn bhel! Do this recipe, rate it and leave a comment within the section.
These were the 5 healthy Munching foods you can not only enjoy but you will also stay healthy. Do give it a try and stay healthy.
1. Is it good to eat corn daily?
Corn is rich in fiber and plant compounds which is very beneficial for your digestive and eye health but it contains high starch which can increase your blood sugar levels . You can add corn in your daily healthy diet but in a moderate amount.
2. Do oats contains protein?
Yes, Among all the common grains oats contains a high amount protein while it doesn’t has complete protein but you can add it with dairy products and make a high protein meal.
3. Is wheat contains carbohydrate or protein?
Wheat contains carbohydrate and some vitamins and minerals.